Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Carlos














That's Carlos, quickly dipping his finger into the r on his cake just before I took pic, I have other pics .. don't worry! We had such a nice day yesterday, friends, family, laughing and enjoying each other. It was a party that started at 2 with guests arriving as early as 1:20 and some staying as long as 8 pm. Who knew it was 8? Time flew by. We BBQ'd, had a pinata, a party game, bubbles and sidewalk chalk.

Carlos' little sneak into the r before it was actually time for him to be touching the cake is so him. He's always ahead of the game, always planning the next move and getting himself into trouble. He has such a wonderful personality and makes us laugh all the time. There are some things that I love about him that I do not take for granted. Like the way he loves to sleep. When he is tired he just goes to sleep, no whining and crying about the situation, he knows what to do and does it. I appreciate that. I love how when he sees us doing something he jumps right in to help. Of course, at times its counter productive but it really is the thought that counts. Right?? Tell me I'm right!!!! Okay, I know I am right. He tries and that is what counts.

I love the way he will greet someone when they come over 'helllloooooooooo' or say 'bye' really loud with a big wave. He's well mannered, he says please and thank you .. almost always without being reminded. I love the way him and bubbie play when they are getting along, but when they aren't getting along I can't help but laugh a little at the way they fight. Not in their faces, of course. Its just funny to see Carlos standing his ground.

So hard to believe my little monkey is 2 today. I'm so thankful for him, and Julian too of course but today is about Carlos. I couldn't imagine life without him. He shakes things up for sure!



A few more pics:

Playing with he new motecycles (that is how he says it)













And today when I asked what they wanted for breakfast, he happily announced that he wanted 'happy cake'. I figured what the heck, its your birthday, one day with happy cake for breakfast won't hurt. And away he went ...right into the leftover cake without me having a chance to get a plate ...














And then .. well, I guess the fork was just too much work .... and yes that IS cake and icing hanging out of his nose!





1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is 2!!! Where has the time gone?? He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete